Thursday, January 19, 2012

Texas Governor Rick Perry Drops out of 2012 Presidential Race - Supports Newt

(From Governor Perry’s Campaign Website)
Anita and I Thank You for Your Support
Posted on January 19th, 2012
.
  Today I am suspending my campaign for President.
.
  Anita and I have been blessed by the many supporters who have believed in our conservative vision for the country.
.
  Although I will no longer be on the campaign trail, I will continue to champion conservative principles: a Washington that is humbler with a federal government that is smaller, real tax reform that can spur economic growth, and a renewed commitment to fiscal discipline so the future of this country is not mortgaged on a mountain of debt.
.
  As we return to Austin and the Texas I love, I am proud to continue as governor of this great state and will work every day to make Texas a better place to do business and create jobs for all Texans.
.
  We cannot thank you enough for your generous support which enabled our campaign to champion these conservative values.
.
God bless,
Rick Perry
.
………………………….

Good run, Governor Perry!
.
Many say they think you should have gotten out of the race when you went back to Texas to think it out a few weeks back. I for one am glad you didn’t and instead hung in there.
.
You really made a good showing for yourself these last few weeks and I’m soooo happy you went ahead and folded today and not after getting a spanking this Saturday. I also want to thank you for giving your support to my man, Newt!
.
With that said…
Nothing but the best to you and yours.
AubreyJ………
.

No comments: