Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Again- I thank God for our Military

Back in early August, I did this little post and it still holds true today. Yet-- in the MSM and those from the left of left... never did seem to hear the President’s words... or mine as far as that goes............

If we had not gone to war with Iraq, what would the war on terror look like now, at this moment on this day??? I’ll give you a quick look at what I think. Everything would be the same except instead of all this hell going on in Iraq, it would all be back in Afghanistan and much, much worse. With or without Iraq in the mix these crazies were coming after us no matter where we fought this war. (I wrote these words months ago and I still stick by them.)

I’ll ask another Question... If we brought all the Troops home today… what would the Terrorists do??? My answer is the same as the one the President gave in his news conference yesterday: "They kill because they are trying to shake our will… They're trying to drive free nations out of parts of the world so they can topple governments throughout the Middle East and establish Taliban-like regimes in the Middle East and turn that region into a launching pad for attacks against free people." I have to agree with the man. I’ll also add this… If we bring our Troops home today… we’ll only delay the inevitable. They, (the Terrorists) will regroup… and when ready, again will come to our land and KILL us.

Yes… Mistakes have been made in this war, like in all wars. But I thank God for our Military that have taken the fight to our enemies and for a Commander in Chief like GW Bush… And in the President’s on words about the Terrorists, “…and they will fail.”

The only LIE, the only falsehood in this country today is to say we are not at war. That by coming home now-- everything will be great again at home and in the world. The honest to god truth is this... As of 9-11, 2001-- a day we did not ask for... our lives changed and we can never go back to the way we were.
AubreyJ.........

No comments: