Tuesday, Monday, December 08, 2009
"We are very proud of the outstanding achievements by our employees with disabilities," said Johnson, "and the department remains committed to increasing opportunities for their success."
The keynote speaker at the ceremony was Matthew A. Staton, direct advisor and staff assistant to the secretary of the Army on wounded soldier matters. Staton medically retired from the Army in 2007, following two deployments to Iraq with the 8th Infantry Regiment.
The following 14 DoD employees with disabilities received secretary of defense awards for their outstanding contributions to national security:
- Noreen S. Ames, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Julia E. Becker, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Richard F. Chatfield II, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Howard G. Drake Jr., National Guard Bureau
- Phillip W. Gregg, Defense Commissary Agency
- Greg Hare, Department of the Air Force
- Michele E. Hill, Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Brooke A. Larrabee, Department of the Army
- Anthony L. Parish, Defense Contract Management Agency
- Margaret R. Posa, Office of the DoD Inspector General
- Adam G. Post, Army Air Force Exchange Service
- William J. Russell, Department of the Navy
- George H. Stevens Jr., Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Delfina D. Zeigler, Defense Logistics Agency
In addition, three DoD components, the Department of the Navy, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, and the Defense Contract Management Agency, received secretary of defense trophies for accomplishments in their affirmative actions programs for people with disabilities during 2009.
U.S. Department of Defense
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs)
Taken from press release #No. 955-09