Friday, September 09, 2005

Rescued American in Iraq- Roy Hallums- is now Heading Home

Release A050909a
Multi-National Force- Iraq, Sept. 9, 2005
An American citizen who was kidnapped Nov. 1 in Iraq and rescued by coalition forces Sept. 7 left Iraq for the United States today aboard a military transport plane.

Roy Hallums flew from Balad Air Base aboard a U. S. Air Force C-17.
Hallums expressed his gratitude in a written statement………

"I would like to thank all of those dedicated personnel who have worked on my case that eventually led to my release on Sept. 7, 2005. Their continuous efforts were invaluable to the entire process. I would also like to give credit to my family who never gave up hope that I would be eventually released and return home to them. Their contact with various government agencies and the press helped keep the efforts to rescue me moving forward. I also appreciate those of you in the press who covered my story. Since I just returned I request that I be allowed a period of time to adjust to my new environment before dealing directly with the press. Again, I would like to thank everyone involved in my rescue and I look forward to enjoying my freedom again. "
AubreyJ says: This is great- GREAT news... Being the MSM is in full focus on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, (and they should be,) and will not mention this at all or just a little- I posted the above article from MNF-I in full… I hope someone gives this man one heck of a homecoming. He sure deserves it and all our thanks too……
Let me be one of the first to say-- “WELCOME HOME ROY!”

No comments: