Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Governor Kathleen Blanco Will Not Seek Another Term As Louisiana Governor

Governor Blanco made it official last night in an unusual live, statewide television address from the entrance hall of the Governor's Mansion. It went in part like this...
“...I am choosing to do what I believe is best for my State. I will focus my time and energy for the next nine months on the people's work, not politics.
...

After much thought and prayer, I have decided that I will not seek reelection as your governor.

There is nothing more important to Louisiana's future than a strong recovery, free from politics.

I'm announcing my decision early - well before the legislative session. I'm doing this so we can work without interference from election year politics. Every action in my remaining months in office will be to serve Louisiana's best interest...”

Read the transcript in full HERE
Has video under - Related Links or clink link below...
(Quick Time Video Player needed to view)

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Address to the People of Louisiana >>

ShreveportTimes.com, my local area Newspaper’s website, had this take on the story...
Blanco will not seek another term this fall

My Take on all of this... BYE
And Good Riddance!!!
(I’d have to say her reason is more to the fact that there wasn't a Snowball Chance In Hell she was ever going to be re-elected!)

With that said... I can see now that I’ll have to start posting some on the upcoming Governor’s Race in Louisiana. We might just be able to get a Republican in office this round... but it’s going to be a very hard race for us to win with Blanco now out of it.
AubreyJ.........
Photo Courtesy of Office of the Governor website

No comments: