Friday, January 26, 2007

Russian Man Trying To Sell Uranium Case, Underscores Nuke Safety Fears

I almost ran a post on this story several times yesterday but decided to go ahead and wait until today. I was waiting to post as I tried to take in all the info I could as to the... who... what... when... and why...

Today I ran across this story by RadioFreeEurope – RadioLiberty that I thought covered most of what I was looking for... and it goes in part as follows...
Moscow and Tbilisi have traded harsh words after Georgia revealed it had arrested a Russian man last year trying to sell weapons-grade uranium.

The incident marks a new low in already strained Russian-Georgian relations and raises fresh fears worldwide that some of Russia's huge nuclear stockpiles could fall into terrorist hands...

Read the story in full HERE

Saturday Update: January 27, 2007
NDTV.com has this story today...
Uranium came from Russia, investigators told

My take on all of this is said in one word... “IRAN”.
Everyone is worried about Iran producing enriched weapons grade Uranium... and this is a major problem being worked on, (somewhat, to very little) by the major players in the world today. But what doesn’t seem to be getting everyone’s attention is the fact Iran doesn’t have to make it themselves...

Can Iran make a Nuke and deliver it???
* All they need is the cash to buy Weapons Grade Uranium and a source. (Very... very possible it is... as this arrest and the one the other year has already proven.)
* Do they actually have the know... as to how to make a weapon? From what I’ve seen... the answer would be yes. Can you say North Korea – Pakistan?
* Last but least they need a means of delivering such a weapon. (I found this disturbing new Iranian Missile story in the news today. Click HERE to read the story in full.) Not to forget that Iran was at North Korea’s long-range missile test that caused such a ruckus last year. Bottom line... I’d have to say YES!!!

Dangerous times we live in, I’d say... Dangerous times indeed.
AubreyJ.........

No comments: