Monday, March 12, 2007

Ted Koppel’s Shocking Truths on Iraq and War on Terror

Last night I saw Ted Koppel on a rerun of Sunday’s Meet the Press, from earlier in the day, and I could not believe what I was hearing! Not because of what I was hearing was not true... It was!!! But what had me took was by whom it was coming from... Ted Koppel.

NewsBusters has a great report out on Koppel’s shocking views and it goes in part like this... Koppel: I made a little note here of something that Ambassador Khalilzad said to you a moment ago. He said, “The region will not be stable until Iraq is stabilized.” It’s the one thing nobody talks about. Everyone is concerned about the United States being in the middle of a civil war inside Iraq. But they forget about the fact that if U.S. troops were to pull out of Iraq, that civil war could become a regional war between Sunnis and Shia. And the region, just in case anyone has forgotten, is the Persian Gulf, where we get most of our oil, and, I’ve talked about this before, natural gas. So, the idea of pulling out of there and letting the region, letting the national civil war expand into a regional civil war, something the United States cannot allow to happen...

Read the rest at link below...
Ted Koppel Tells Shocking Truth About Iraq and War on Terror

No comments: