Monday, April 17, 2006

MSM trying to make the news... not report it...

The following is part of the Press Briefing today by Scott McClellan...
(Read today’s Briefing in full
Here)

... Q Secretary Rumsfeld in the past has said that he's offered his resignation to the President, but the President has refused. Has Secretary Rumsfeld recently offered --

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't have any update. That would be a question to ask him. I don't have any update.

Q And can I just ask you to explain a little bit, why do you feel it's so necessary -- if you could explain why it's necessary to distinguish between a retired member of the military and an active in talking about evaluating their opinion?

MR. McCLELLAN: I didn't think I said that. I just said that --

Q Well, with Jessica --

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

Q But with Jessica, you made it a point to clarify that right away.

MR. McCLELLAN: That was General Pace. Or, was that Kelly, I think, was bringing up former -- you said military officials, and I was just saying these are some former members of the military.

Q And why is that?

MR. McCLELLAN: It's just a fact.

Q But are you somehow suggesting that --

MR. McCLELLAN: No, I think you are.
Go ahead, Goyal...

AubreyJ says: You got to love Scott McClellan sometimes... I just wish he would take it to these ‘stuck on stupid’ reporters more often. Yet-- I guess it doesn’t matter... He’ll be gone from this job in the White House soon enough if I heard the news right today.

I do think it’s probably time for a change in this position... I for one think Mr. McClellan has just about got a major case of ‘Burn Out’ with his job and I do not blame him. He’s been hammered by an over rude Press for the longest...

No comments: