Friday, April 14, 2006

Secretary Rumsfeld is not going anywhere

The following was taken from part of a Radio Interview with Secretary Rumsfeld and Mark Davis from WBAP 820, Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas on April 11, 2006. (Courtesy of DoD)
(Read interview in full
HERE)

DAVIS: You took a question from a gentlemen who stole one of mine, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. I've talked to half of them. There are all these generals coming out. There's Tony Zinni who served the country well in many capacities, and all of a sudden he's soured on the war. And there's Bernard Trainor, writing books, doing analysis for the New York Times and all of this.

You made a great point of how many generals have we had and what fraction are they, and that's a good point. But what is with these guys? Not everybody has to be monolithic in their opinion, but what's going on there?

SECRETARY RUMSFELD: I really don't know. The point is I suppose, it's less than one-tenth of one percent of the generals that exist. And some of them are writing books and they're out peddling their books, I suppose. In the case of Zinni who I've never met that I recall, he was gone and retired before we ever arrived here and he's been opposed, I think, from the beginning. So he's not changed his position.

DAVIS: That's a good point. He was CENTCOM Commander in '96 to 2000. So he's Clinton's boy, I guess we could say.

SECRETARY RUMSFELD: But I think it's not surprising that there are going to be people who have different views, or didn't have different views and do now, because it may or may not be convenient.

AubreyJ says: And President Bush today... more or less... said Rumsfeld is his man. So... the MSM will run this in the ground like they did a year or so back... Then overnight... this too will all go away...

The Dems and the MSM make me dislike them more and more everyday... along with a handful of Generals......

Read more at DoD...
Bush Calls Rumsfeld's Leadership ‘Exactly what is Needed’

No comments: