Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bush spoke and many listened… But not all-

Fort Bragg, N.C. June 28, 2005
Nationally Televised Address


Last night I thought President Bush was on message as he has been since day one of 9-11. Yet so many say they just wanted to throw up when they heard his words. All they wanted from this President was a change of course, a change of message, to give them something new or for him to say he screwed up a few things along the way. Why I ask? It’s not going to happen. It would just give his critics something else to bitch about. It’s not in this President’s being to do such a thing.

This President doesn’t rely on any polls and he doesn’t give a rat what his critics say or think anyway. He doesn’t put his finger to the political winds to make any decision. Thank God... And unlike most, what he says is what you get!!!

After his speech Tuesday night, it was predictable that the critics would be saying he didn’t say anything new and it was just as predicable that all his supporters, (like me) were saying he stayed on message. Nothing new here...

Yet just like clock work, just moments after the speech and with the President still shaking hands with all those brave solders at Fort Bragg… I’ll be damned if most all the major news media were already out tearing into everything the man had just said. I give up!!! I have never seen so many people, (News Media alike,) trying so hard to make a Vietnam out of something that is not, to make a liar out of a man who is not and wanting so bad to put out the peace signs… cut and run from a war that we most certainly can not.

The dangers to Bush and this war on terror are not these critics. Their minds are set and nothing short of a nuclear explosion going off in a major U.S. city, (where most of them live by the way,) will ever wake them up to the realities of this war. These critics are still fighting over what’s mostly yesterday’s OLD NEWS. We had elections, the critics lost, live with it. Yesterday is not going to kill you my critic friends. What’s going on today and tomorrow most certainly will if we let it.

No… What President Bush is in danger of is his political base losing faith in him and this war. Need not worry of this Mr. President. That’s not going to happen either. We understand what is taking place today and how we got up to this point. Like you, no one knows when or exactly how this war will end in the unforeseeable future. We just know we will surely win……….

I’ve said this time and again and I just can’t help myself to say it one more time…. No matter what your opinion is, on how we got to this point on the war in Iraq, is irrelevant at this time. We can not turn and run from the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan and the war on terror. At this moment on this day, all these wars are one and the same. These crazies are coming after us no matter where we fight this war. The sooner all the American people understand this simple fact, the sooner all this in-house fighting will stop amongst us. Maybe then we can all reunite again as ONE COUNTRY and get this war behind us. (If you listened, really listened to what the President was saying last night you might just understand these words...) It will take this country as ONE to win this war on terror. If we ever let the terrorist completely divide us, (like they seem to be achieving,) we will lose. That’s a reality that truly scares the hell out of me… and so it should you too………

10 comments:

prying1 said...

This really sez it all. Thanks for typing all this out. Now we only need get everyone in the world to read it. - Thanks again - GBYAY - Paul -

Alan Stewart Carl said...

As you know, I'm one of those who has said the President needed to give us more. As you also know, I'm not some left-wing kook. For the most part, I support this President and am a strong advocate of staying in Iraq until the job is done. And I think Bush did a very good job of explaining why. In my book, anyone who supports withdrawl at this point is not worth debating. They've clearly gone overboard.

But I would have liked to see the President address those that are against him. I don't really think he could have changed the minds of those that hate him, but it would have put him on the high ground and shorn up support among those in the center.

I dunno, Aubrey. I admire your steadfastness. Maybe I'm too idealistic. But I think this nation can heal the divisions and I think, I hope, the President can find a way to unite us again.

AubreyJ......... said...

Thanks Alan... Your thoughts hold many truths and I for one always enjoy the reads you give us at “The Yellow Line.” As for you being a little too idealistic from time to time... That’s just good medicine for the heart and soul my friend.

Anyway-- Back to the President... If everyone would just stop and listen, really listen to what the President is saying, they just might realize that he is literally crying out to the American People to all Unite again. This is one man who truly knows exactly what is going on in this world around us... All you have to do is look at the man’s face and into his eyes... There are no lies there Alan. None... I see the eyes of a man who has seen things that truly scare him-- And will do anything to keep those things from coming to be........

AubreyJ......... said...

By the way... Thanks for the plug there Paul sir!!! I'll have to visit that eBay store of your's from time to time....

Chyrene Pendleton said...

Great post!

"It will take this country as ONE to win this war on terror. If we ever let the terrorist completely divide us, (like they seem to be achieving,) we will lose"

I agree and I believe the true terrorists have been right here, in our country all along...

prying1 said...

Hey AubreyJ - I have a better idea than you just visiting my ebay auctions... I'll mail you a couple hundred pounds of books or so and you can list them for me. :-)

Daldianus said...

Haha, his speech still sucks, was evasive and full of spin.

I hope Georgieboy's poll numbers will fall even further :)

What a moron.

AubreyJ......... said...

Daldianus... Each to his own. See ya in the Blogs!!!

AubreyJ......... said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments chyrene.
Paul.. Your killing me!!!!!!

AubreyJ......... said...

Need to adjust that eye on your Rattlin' Rogue my friend. Looks like it is running to the left just a little too hard there!!!!!